Episode 005 of Freak Wave once again ventures into marginal music scenes from around the world, featuring left of field music from Tunisia, Japan, Jamaica, South Africa, Germany, Belgium, Denmark and Italy.
In this episode, mutant j-pop from Tokyo’s Kudo Kamome; sultry dub electronics from the Avon Terror Corps collective; new music from Belgian-Carribean artist Charlotte Adigery; new South African Gqom from Citizen Boy; we lean into Vayne’s taken on coldwave from out of Berlin; Jamaica’s Sikka Rhymes delivers some warped dancehall on the Bokeh Verions label; and there’s also music from CÉCI, Julie’s Haircut and Tunisia’s AMMAR 808.
Listen to Freak Wave 005:
To make sure you catch every episode of Freak Wave, subscribe now at Apple iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
- AMMAR 808 (Tunisia) – Zawali Fitness Club (feat. Cheb Hassen Tej) (Glitterbeat Records)
- Kudo Kamome (Japan) – Honeycombing – from Apple Sleep (Twin Capital)
- Sikka Rymes (Jamaica) – Seh Dem Bad – from Love Di People (Bokeh Versions)
- Sandy Lynch – Schway Dub – from Avon is Dead (Avon Terror Corps)
- Citizen Boy (South Africa) – Gqom Fever – from Alala (Gqom Oh!)
- VAYNES (Germany) – Divine – from At Night The Skeletons Come
- Charlotte Adigéry (Belgium) – Paténipat – from Zandoli EP (Deewee)
- CÉCI (Denmark) – Heartbeat – from Vortex EP (Astral Plane Recordings)
- Julie’s Haircut (Italy) – Salting Traces (Dub Remix)
Episode Image: CÉCI